Well, it has been way to long since I have found my way back to this blog. I wish I could say I have been that busy, but a more accurate reason would be I haven’t spent the time in front of the PC except to IM with my wife. I’m thinking I need to keep writing on this thing to get those ideas or thoughts out of my head. Good for me but probably bad for anyone who wanders into this space.
Looking over the posts, the last thing I had been talking about was our vacation to Disney in December. Keeping in that genre, I finally decided to pull the trigger on purchasing DVC property at WDW. We know we will be returning to Disney as often as is possible (considering that we live in the northeast) and it seemed like a smart investment in our vacations. Since we are so taken with the Beach Club it only made sense to find some re-sale property and jump in. I looked over some of the companies that deal in used DVC and found one I thought I could work with.
Now don’t get me wrong, the company I am using has been very helpful, even going so far as to warn me on my first bid that the chances of Disney of allowing the sale would be slim. Me not fully understanding this “right of refusal” process, I said “Let’s do it!” After the second property was refused I started to think there was some sort of “scam” going on. As I understand it now, Disney is getting property back at a price they would not allow it to be sold at, the seller is getting their money and I am left looking for a new property to try again with.
I just submitted a bid on the third property with the hope that I am offering a fair price (not in the seller’s eyes, but Disney’s). The waiting game has started and I probably won’t know until the end of next week, so I just have to put it out of my mind and let it happen. I don’t really need it to happen but I sure do want it to. I’ll keep the progress updated here. Keep your fingers crossed.